Design by Sequence:
Due 5/8/2003 in class.
Bring the following to class on the due date:
- The "original sequence" version
of your project.
- The "mutated" version of your
- Your "Artist Statement"
- Your name
- Title of your artwork
- Medium/materials used
- Legend: what are your A, C, T &
- The ideas/concepts that motivated
- A description of your creative process.
E.g. how you made the music structure etc.
- Reflections on your artwork, such
as: Your thoughts about the use of genetic information as
a structure to guide what you are designing, or any other
reflections you have about your creative process in the making
of this work. Some things to think about: Is the "mutated"
design different in what it evokes than the "original?"
Does it convey the same meaning you originally intended? What
was it like to have this kind of preexisting structure determine
you creative direction?
- The original sequence you based your
artwork on (the actual bases you used) and the BLAST information
you originally got about the entire sequence.
- The mutated sequence you used for
your mutated artwork.
- The Artist Statement should be typed,
single spaced with 1 inch margins. BRING THIS WITH YOU TO CLASS.
- Send the Artist Statement as a MS-word
file via e-mail to instructor by May 8, 2003 so that it can be
placed on your project web page.